I was trained in traditional psychotherapy but soon discovered that while it helped people manage their symptoms, it did not adequately address their underlying issues, so clients were dependent on medications, coping skills and long-term talk therapy to help them through life. I believed in a healing God so began studying how Jesus healed and discovered three things:
- Jesus treated everyone as an individual: no one size fits all treatment
- Jesus treated the whole person: body, soul and spirit
- Jesus healed people by transferring healing energy from God into the person
I learned how to do this and began to see my clients get better. I then wrote a book Interconnected by God: Healing for Your Spirit, Soul and Body to explain how this healing method works using a combination of science, psychology and spirituality.
Problems I specialize in:
- Spiritual issues
- Traditional Psychotherapy
- Christian Counseling
- Releasement Therapy
- Energy Psychology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville in
- Illinois Masters in Clinical Social Work from Saint Louis University in Missouri
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of Illinois
- Holistic Health Practitioner in California
When I am not working:
- I enjoy travel, meeting new people, experiencing different cultures
- I am a lifetime learner, so always have several books I am reading and more on my Amazon wish list
- I usually always have a jigsaw puzzle sitting on a table to work on when I need a challenge.
- As a child I used to sing to bother my older sister. Now I sing when the Spirit moves me. I am the crazy lady singing in the car you just passed.
- My favorite way to relax is spending time outdoors enjoying nature, walking and hiking
- Writing, I love putting my thoughts and ideas on paper.
Joyce is a gifted communicator and expert in her field, She can certainly provide help and guidance for you in your journey seeking personal counseling. Joyce was a tremendous help to me during a transition period with my business and my life in general. I’m so glad I reached out for assistance and even more glad it was Joyce I found! The mental, emotional and spiritual benefits I received through her counseling were priceless!